Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Revisiting My Writing Process
After going through and reading my first post about my writing process I noticed many things. At the beginning of this course I thought of my writing process as heavily planned out along with procrastination. Which was true and is still true. The first project I did for this class was extremely planned out and I wrote both the draft and the final paper on the days that they were do. It is just the way I like to write. I like to sit down knowing that this is the only time to do it, making me get it all done in one sitting. The thing that I lacked and said I wanted to improve on was my revisions. I can proudly say that I have been improving on that part of writing immensely. As the second project came along I still planned it out very specifically and waited for the last minute, however, I looked over my draft and final paper 2 or 3 more times than I ever did before. I even remember when I was turning in my second project, I was confident that it was thoroughly done and didn't have many mistakes at all. I knew that it read through clearly and that made me feel very confident while turning it in. The same thing happened with this last project. I planned it out with many details and wrote it on the last day, however, I looked over and read it out loud multiple times. I changed the organization, sentence structures, and even added more to it while revising. It made my paper a whole lot better from the draft. I am glad that I incorporated this part of writing through this class because it is vital to do before turning in a paper. My experience in this class tells me that my writing can exponentially get better through the different processes I keep learning to go through when writing a paper. It showed me that I am extremely interested in my field and that I enjoy writing about it. It tells me that I may be working in the field of Astronomy when I am finishing up college. 

No comments:

Post a Comment