Friday, July 24, 2015

Reflection on Project 1



- The challenges that I faced during this project were mainly technical issues and finding sources. It was hard had first to find scholarly sources because this controversy is new and happening as we speak. The major events had only taken place within the past months. 

- The successes I experienced from this project were learning a lot about the future of this telescope and how it is going to help our future. I also was informed on the sacred land of Mauna Kea that I have never learned about before. This project taught me how to inform people about a situation without putting opinion in to it. 

- I found that general sources were very easy to find  cite throughout my QRG. I also think that the design and organization of my project were very effective in how they are presented and in the order they are presented. Also, the rhetorical strategies helped show how people felt about each side of the controversy in pictures or the video I used.

- I found that using social media posts were good but also bad because I had to filter out people who posted nonsense or unreliable information about the subject. 

- The process was similar to my past classes as we found all the sources and annotated them before starting to write the paper. 

- This process was somewhat different from ways I have done in the past. I thought it was hard not knowing the exact prompt until later into the project. It was different because at first I was looking at sources towards my subject without knowing what the big picture of the project was about.

- Being able to cite pictures or any other article will be helpful with my other classes when I need to do research projects and papers. Also the skills on writing new styles of papers is always good to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment